29.7.08

The new year should certainly begin on one's birthday. Not only the turn of the year, this way changes can happen, weak or strong, and solutions can be had as well in ways of resolve. I am not ancient, but still at the point where I feel there is never enough time in the day to be fully productive, and alas in these moments I glean a weary understanding of why colleagues and friends have opted toward academia vs not, which at this point of my life and my alpen location is simply not possible. There are so many conversations I would love to be apart of, but simply have no energy for, forget the time it might take to write my own poetry or produce that of others. Emails to finish, so many projects I have begun and want to finish! (wee, Dusie Issue 8, 3rd chap issue for Dusie Kollektiv) I want to talk about the amazing festival I was recently fortunate enough to attend, I have several books of others nearly out that need to officially come out! Problems with POD. I love the idea behind POD but it is turning into a logistic and print nightmare, Dusie may be moving her letters over to bookmobile and soooooooon....

3 comments:

et said...

Happy Birthday!
Come visit!
love, eliz.

Logan Ryan Smith said...

did you have yr b-day recently?

well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! many more and all that jazz.

dusie said...

hey et, I will someday, for sure! and thankee folks, I am certainly past the point of enjoying this day as I did many many moons before...