8.1.07

5 things pictoral...

Amy tagged me for five things...
Surely we must all have secrets which need some airing from time to time, I don't know if I have anything as interesting as Amy's brawling in the kitchen with Plimpton guests...I don't typically talk about too much personal stuff here, but now I'll provide a few small glimpses of my life...

but here goes:

1) I have lived in odd places, some of which being tents for a summer season in Homer, Ak as well as in a rustic cabin while horse/cabin sitting in AK at the end of a switchback trail at the very end of the North American highway system. It was my job to move the horses from pasture to pasture and watch out for the wild horses which often roamed the beach and tried to free the horses. I also had to look out for young rebel 'russian' or old-believers and fence wreckers (and who were quite the picture of a bygone era. I also helped Mossie (property owner and aunt to Jewel Kilcher) fix the fence. With no running water or electricity available, I baked a cake once in the coal burning stove (with natural coal deposits I collected on the beach --beach to the bay and mudflats --of all places) and had to collect rainwater to boil for 'showering' ie, bucket over head style. an even smaller cabin on a cliff near a gigantic raspberry patch...to many cabins with latrines to speak of...and a 'converted' school-bus which was a house on wheels, and we had to 'break down' (meaning secure all of our floatable objects before ever driving everywhere. We drove down from AK even, all the way to the keys and then parked under a palm tree for a fishing season.




2) I believe in Faeries...für sure!

3)In case you weren't already aware...I have met: t h e s m a l l h e r (o)...



4) my first baby is a boy named Jasper...he's much bigger now...


5) I have many secrets...I think I prefer it that way, no better way to invoke mystery...

I tag: Elizabeth, Tom, Kate, Clay& five people who frequent this blog and who have never posted here!

No comments: