13.11.06

: ASTAR : post 2...

Well it seems it is not accidental that the Aidan Starr journal is making us ask questions...as the site is an intergenre journal space where art meets fetish and the chibbachibba page is meant as a redirector sort of page....but alas, the videos are still up and out there on You Tube... here's the link, formerly ASTAR

anyhoo, props to mike greenberg and boyd spahr for making us think differently, tho i hope to see more poet videos...


afternote: I do think it is necessary to have some kind of explanation as to what the journal is trying to do, what the point and goals are, how it merges and meets the initial poetry displayed, etc, otherwise these many images are not (not to me anyway) anywhere near as illuminating as the initial poets reading their work.

and the link has changed again, so now I am totally lost. And, I can no longer connect to the poets, what's up guys?

3 comments:

et said...

the 'images' looked awfully familiar to me, forcing me to think similarly, not differently.

one gal's opinion,

Elizabeth

et said...

ps this makes me all the more grateful for the new Foursquare highlighting domestic violence month. Kudos to the editor Jessica Smith and to you four great poets in there.

Eliz.

DUSIE said...

good points E.,- when i say differently i mean more about why the first issue, which I really like changed in this way... I was a bit confused is all, and do want to understand what they want to endeavor by focusing on the meeting of fetish and art and how this particular poetry meets this and how???