21.8.06

Don't Do Today What You Can Surely Do Tomorrow,-

arghh...I have too many submissions! when I started DUSIE over a year ago (officially got the first issue up) I had to really scrounge and beg people to submit, well, I'm glad that's changed, but to have over 200 emails in your inbox (and this is only submissions) knowing that I need to either accept it or let it free...sometimes I change my mind about whether I like a poem, but in this case, it has been too long of a wait and I have to reread. I hate rejections. And I hate being the giver of them. But I just have to respond...

4 comments:

Mark said...

I've noticed that the sort of crazy super-specialized parameters I have done for my Cy Gist chaps tends to cut down the submissions pool and the need for me to have to reject a lot of poems. Also, by employing a fairly brief/fast window for submissions (a month or two) this also helps lessen the load a little bit.

An online zine with a different editor every month to help share the burden would be pretty cool.

You could also consider enlisting the aid of guest-editors co-editors, managing editors, etc.

DUSIE said...

hi mark,

The idea of a window for subs....I prefer sporadic as well as planned submissions, I guess....

I have also considered a 'within 2 weeks' policy of response which might completely solve this problem! And I do like the idea of co-edited...but but but...Dusie is like my first-born! I made it during my pregnancy with Stella and birthed them around the same time! I am interested to see how MTD does...a bi-weekly poetry journal, I like that!

I had an idea for your recent call...but I just never got it together...oh well, it sounds like an awesome issue ! Can't wait till it is here...

Mark said...

Maybe you can pass Dusie to a coeditor in 18 years...

DUSIE said...

ha ha ha! maybe!